How can I avoid well-to-well variability after feeding cardiomyocyte cultures in multiwell plates?
To prevent well-to-well variability after feeding iCell® Cardiomyocytes, we recommend:
- Keeping the wells wet: do not allow the wells to dry between medium removal and replacement.
- Feeding no more than three rows or columns of the plate at a time.
- Avoiding contact with the bottom of the plate (touching or scratching).
- Tilting the culture plate 30 to 45 degrees to remove any medium from the edge of the plate.
- Using a manual multichannel pipette to remove medium; do not use an aspirator, which can disrupt the monolayer.
- Setting low flow rates for additions and exchanges on robotic liquid handlers.