What are your guidelines for transfecting GABANeurons?
iCell® GABANeurons can be transfected efficiently and with limited cytotoxicity using commercially available transfection reagents including Opti-MEM Reduced Serum Medium (Gibco/Thermo Fisher Scientific), ViaFect Transfection Reagent (Promega), and Lipofectamine 2000 (Thermo Fisher Scientific).
For more details about:
- Plasmid DNA transfection using ViaFect reagent and siRNA transfection using siRNA oligonucleotides to knock down GAPDH, see our Application Note.
- Liposome-mediated transfection for plasmid DNA delivery into iCell Neurons using ViaFect reagent, see our Application Protocol.
- siRNA delivery by transfection using Accell siRNA technology (Thermo Fisher Scientific) in 96-well cell culture plates to perform efficient GAPDH gene silencing, see our Application Protocol.
For more details about assaying transfected neurons, see Solution 00000061A.
- Application Note: Applying Transfection Technologies to Create Novel Screening Models
- Application Protocol: Using Liposome-mediated Transfection for Gene Delivery
- Application Protocol: Silencing Gene Expression: siRNA Delivery by Transfection