What are the purity and maturity characteristics of your hepatocytes?
iCell® Hepatocytes 2.0 are a >95% pure population of iPSC-derived hepatocytes as based on AAT expression and the absence of iPSC markers. These cells show a mixed gene expression profile with high albumin (ALB) expression levels (≥80% pure as determined by albumin staining at day 7 post-plating), which is indicative of mature adult hepatocytes. However, the cells exhibit elevated AFP and CYP3A7 mRNA levels, which is more typical in fetal hepatocytes. Note that a mixed gene expression profile is observed in many iPSC-derived cell types.
See our Application Protocols:
For more details about the morphology of our hepatocytes, see Solution 00000201A, below.
- iCell Hepatocytes Data Sheet
- iCell Hepatocytes 2.0 User’s Guide
- iCell Hepatocytes Immunofluorescent Labeling Application Protocol
- Application Protocol: Labeling Hepatic Markers: Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Labeling with Flow Cytometry Analysis
- Application Protocol: Modeling 3D Liver Tissue: 3D Hepatocyte Spheroids in Low Attachment Plates