Do you have a protocol for iCell Cardiomyocytes or iCell Cardiomyocytes2 for impedance and MEA platforms like the CardioECR (ACEA Bioscience)?
We have examined our iCell® Cardiomyocytes2 on the ACEA xCELLigence RTCA Cardio ECR platform and monitored baseline parameters for impedance (beat rate, amplitude, and beat rhythm irregularity) and field potential (beat rate, amplitude, and field potential duration) in the presence and absence of compounds. We monitored cells from 4 - 8 days post-plating following a similar protocol to that recommended for our iCell Cardiomyocytes2 on the ACEA xCELLigence RTCA Cardio system. Our Application Protocol summarizes these details.
Note that the RTCA Cardio ECR system is:
- Different from the RTCA Cardio system, which only measures impedance
- Placed in an incubator with physiological temperature, CO2 level, and humidity to allow better-controlled assays with both short- and long-term measurements in real-time
- Requires a special E-plate that has only 48 wells while using a 96-well footprint.
General protocol recommendations:
- Assay Timing: 4 - 8 day direct plating into xCELLigence E-Plate
- Assay Density: 50,000 viable cells/well in 50 μl (+ 50 μl medium already in the well); use cell counts from values on COT, making dilutions based on the viable cells/ml listed
- Assay Media: iCell Cardiomyocytes Plating Medium/iCell Cardiomyocytes Maintenance Medium
- Assay ECM: fibronectin (10 μg/ml).
- Application Protocol: Measuring Cardiac Activity: Impedance and Extracellular Field Potential Detection with xCELLigence RTCA CardioECR System
- ACEA Training Video: xCELLigence Training